[openstack-dev] No route matched for POST

Vijay B os.vbvs at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 01:44:20 UTC 2014

Hi Aaron!

I was able to get over the route issue - to begin with, turns out there was
a nasty single space rogue indent in the file (peril of not using a good
IDE). Apart from that, stepping through the api/extensions.py code showed
that I shouldn't be overriding the get_plugin_interface() method in tag.py
- because I don't have a plugin associated with this, and would use the
current plugin. Also, there was an attributes variable I was using wrongly
- had imported it as attr and had to use that..

So the next steps for me would be to go ahead in implementing the logic to
check/write to the db. Hopefully I'll get that to work quicker.

Thanks a lot again!

Regards,
Vijay

On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 9:42 AM, Vijay B <os.vbvs at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Aaron!
>
> Yes, attaching the code diffs of the client and server. The diff
> 0001-Frist-commit-to-add-tag-create-CLI.patch needs to be applied on
> python-neutronclient's master branch, and the diff
> 0001-Adding-a-tag-extension.patch needs to be applied on neutron's
> stable/havana branch. After restarting q-svc, please run the CLI `neutron
> tag-create --name tag1 --key key1 --value val1` to test it out.  Thanks for
> offering to take a look at this!
>
> Regards,
> Vijay
>

> On Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 10:10 PM, Aaron Rosen <aaronorosen at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi Vijay,
>>
>> I think you'd have to post you're code for anyone to really help you.
>> Otherwise we'll just be taking shots in the dark.
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Aaron
>>

>> On Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 7:22 PM, Vijay B <os.vbvs at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm trying to implement a new extension API in neutron, but am running
>>> into a "No route matched for POST" on the neutron service.
>>>
>>> I have followed the instructions in the link
>>> https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/NeutronDevelopment#API_Extensions when
>>> trying to implement this extension.
>>>
>>> The extension doesn't depend on any plug in per se, akin to security
>>> groups.
>>>
>>> I have defined a new file in neutron/extensions/, called Tag.py, with a
>>> class Tag extending class extensions.ExtensionDescriptor, like the
>>> documentation requires. Much like many of the other extensions already
>>> implemented, I define my new extension as a dictionary, with fields like
>>> allow_post/allow_put etc, and then pass this to the controller. I still
>>> however run into a no route matched for POST error when I attempt to fire
>>> my CLI to create a tag. I also edited the ml2 plugin file
>>> neutron/plugins/ml2/plugin.py to add "tags" to
>>> _supported_extension_aliases, but that didn't resolve the issue.
>>>
>>> It looks like I'm missing something quite minor, causing the the new
>>> extension to not get registered, but I'm not sure what.
>>>
>>> I can provide more info/patches if anyone would like to take a look, and
>>> it would be very much appreciated if someone could help me out with this.
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>> Regards,