[openstack-dev] Question about Ephemeral/swap disk and flavor
Chen CH Ji
jichenjc at cn.ibm.com
Tue Mar 11 05:43:15 UTC 2014
We are trying to fix some eph disk related bugs and also
considering our private driver implementation based for eph disk
I have some questions related "ephemeral_gb" in flavor and nova
boot option "--ephemeral", and I failed to find out descriptions in
1. If I boot a new instance using flavor with "ephemeral_gb" defined as
20 G, and no "--ephemeral" specified, does the new instance have a
20G additional ephemeral disk after booted?
2. The flavor has 20 G ephemeral disk defined, but specified two 5 G
ephemeral disk through "--ephemeral" option in nova boot cmd, what
will happen to the new instance? Get one 20G additional ephemeral? Or
two 5 G ephemeral disks instead?
3. If the answer to question 2 is "two 5 G ephemeral disks", what will
happen if resize this instance to a flavor with "ephemeral_gb"
defined as 40 G?
4. I think the "ephemeral_gb" in flavor means maximum disk size you
can specified, is this understanding correct?
5. Also, above question can be applied to swap disk
Asked here and reply guess developers who made this feature can give more
Kevin (Chen) Ji 纪 晨
Engineer, zVM Development, CSTL
Notes: Chen CH Ji/China/IBM at IBMCN Internet: jichenjc at cn.ibm.com
Address: 3/F Ring Building, ZhongGuanCun Software Park, Haidian District,
Beijing 100193, PRC
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the OpenStack-dev