[openstack-dev] OpenStack now compatible with SQLA 0.9?

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Mon Mar 10 22:43:22 UTC 2014

On 03/08/2014 05:53 AM, Sean Dague wrote:
> On 03/08/2014 05:00 AM, Thomas Goirand wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I just tried this:
>> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/79129/
>>
>> and it seems everything works. \o/
>>
>> Shall we lift the SQLA cap right away?
>
> Yes, the caps should only exist for things we know we can't work with.
> And SQLA looks solid now.
>
> Please update the commit message for that change then I'm +2.

Unfortunately a devstack refactor actually prevented us from testing this
correctly, so I did a revert.

It seems that there is one last issue because Ceilometer is doing really
tricky stuff in their migrations which makes invalid assumptions on the
stability of sqla internals.

https://review.openstack.org/79482

Works around it, though others should figure out if that's quite the
right way to address it.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague