[openstack-dev] OpenStack vs. SQLA 0.9

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Wed Mar 12 11:07:40 UTC 2014

On 03/08/2014 05:00 AM, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just tried this:
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/79129/
>
> and it seems everything works. \o/
>
> Shall we lift the SQLA cap right away?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Thomas Goirand (zigo)

We discovered in the SQLA 0.9 requirements upgrade attempt that
apparently we managed to break our requirements testing system about a
week ago. That's now fixed, and post release we'll figure out a way to
ensure that never happens again.

Fortunately the only actual issue in requirements which merged in that
window was SQLA 0.9. After reverting that, we were able to start
enforcing testing again.

SQLA 0.9 seems to trigger some issues inside of Nova around the delete
paths -
http://logs.openstack.org/17/79817/2/check/check-tempest-dsvm-full/e685f77/logs/screen-n-api.txt.gz?level=TRACE#_2014-03-12_01_43_27_777

That correctly fails in the Tempest tests, so that proposed change is
blocked now.

Because of where we are in the freeze, I think this should wait until
Juno opens to fix. Icehouse will only be compatible with SQLA 0.8, which
I think is fine. I expect the rest of the issues can be addressed during
Juno 1.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague