[openstack-dev] [sahara] Sahara (ex. Savanna) project renaming process [savanna]

Matthew Farrellee matt at redhat.com
Sat Mar 8 13:08:32 UTC 2014

On 03/07/2014 04:50 PM, Sergey Lukjanov wrote:
> Hey folks,
>
> we're now starting working on the project renaming. You can find
> details in the etherpad [0]. We'll move all work items to the
> blueprints, one blueprint per sub-project to well track progress and
> work items. The general blueprint is [1], it'll depend on all other
> blueprints and it's currently consists of general renaming tasks.
>
> Current plan is to assign each subproject blueprint to volunteer.
> Please, contact me and Matthew Farrellee if you'd like to take the
> renaming bp.
>
> Please, share your ideas/suggestions in ML or etherpad.
>
> [0] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/savanna-renaming-process
> [1] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/openstack?searchtext=savanna-renaming
>
> Thanks.
>
> P.S. Please, prepend email topics with [sahara] and append [savanna]
> to the end of topic (like in this email) for the transition period.

savann^wsahara team,

i've separated out most of the activities that can happen in parallel,
aligned them on repository boundaries, and filed blueprints for the
efforts. now we need community members to take ownership (be the
assignee) of the blueprints. taking ownership means you'll be
responsible for the renaming in the repository, coordinating with other
owners and getting feedback from the community about important questions
(such as compatibility requirements).

to take ownership, just go to the blueprint and assign it to yourself.
if there is already an assignee, reach out to that person and offer them
assistance.

blueprints up for grabs -

what: savanna^wsahara ci
blueprint:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/savanna/+spec/savanna-renaming-ci
comments: this should be taken by someone already familiar with the ci.
i'd nominate skolekonov

what: saraha puppet modules
blueprint:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/savanna/+spec/savanna-renaming-puppet
comments: this should be taken by someone who can validate the changes.
i'd nominate sbadia or dizz

what: sahara extras
blueprint:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/savanna/+spec/savanna-renaming-extra
comments: this could be taken by anyone

what: sahara dib image elements
blueprint:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/savanna/+spec/savanna-renaming-image-elements
comments: this could be taken by anyone

what: sahara python client
blueprint:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/savanna/+spec/savanna-renaming-client
comments: this should be done by someone w/ experience in the client.
i'd nominate tmckay

what: sahara horizon plugin
blueprint:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/savanna/+spec/savanna-renaming-dashboard
comments: this will require experience and care. i'd nominate croberts

what: sahara guestagent
blueprint:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/savanna/+spec/savanna-renaming-guestagent
comments: i'd nominate dmitrymex

what: sahara section of openstack wiki
blueprint:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/savanna/+spec/savanna-renaming-wiki
comments: this could be taken by anyone

what: sahara service
blueprint:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/savanna/+spec/savanna-renaming-service
comments: this requires experience, care and is a lot of work. i'd
nominate alazarev & aignatov to tag team it