[openstack-dev] [Nova] Concrete Proposal for Keeping V2 API

Vishvananda Ishaya vishvananda at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 17:26:18 UTC 2014

On Mar 4, 2014, at 9:10 AM, Russell Bryant <rbryant at redhat.com> wrote:

> Thank you all for your participation on this topic.  It has been quite
> controversial, but the API we expose to our users is a really big deal.
> I'm feeling more and more confident that we're coming through this with
> a much better understanding of the problem space overall, as well as a
> better plan going forward than we had a few weeks ago.

Hey Russell,

Thanks for bringing this to the mailing list and being open to discussion
and collaboration. Also, thanks to everyone who is participating in the
plan. Doing this kind of thing in the open is difficult and it has lead to
a ton of debate, but this is the right way to do things. It says a lot
about the strength of our community that we are able to have conversations
like this without devolving into arguments and flame wars.

Vish