[openstack-dev] [nova] stable branches & failure to handle review backlog

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Jul 31 14:58:19 UTC 2014

On 2014-07-31 10:17:16 +0200 (+0200), Thierry Carrez wrote:
> That's a good idea. We would probably switch to $PROJECT-stable-maint
> teams then (each including $PROJECT-core and the general stable-maint
> team) since we don't have a group in Gerrit for *-core anyway.
[...]

I think we can actually do this with the groups we already have,
just by changing the exclusive group permissions to only be for
workflow -1..+1 rather than also code review -2..+2? That way the
stable branches start inheriting the code review permissions from
the parent refs/* blocks in per-project ACLs. We could try it out
after the current point release freeze wraps up, if there's some
consensus.
--
Jeremy Stanley