[openstack-dev] [nova] stable branches & failure to handle review backlog

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Thu Jul 31 08:17:16 UTC 2014

Russell Bryant wrote:
> On 07/30/2014 01:22 PM, Kevin L. Mitchell wrote:
>> Maybe what we need to do is give *-core permission to +2 the patches,
>> but only stable/maint team has *approval* permission.  Then, the cores
>> can review the code, and stable/maint only has to verify applicability
>> to the stable branch…

That's a good idea. We would probably switch to $PROJECT-stable-maint
teams then (each including $PROJECT-core and the general stable-maint
team) since we don't have a group in Gerrit for *-core anyway.

> We could also just do this by convention.  We already allow a single +2
> on backports if the person who did the backport is also on stable-maint.
>
> We could add to that allowing a single +2/+A if the person who did the
> backport is on project-core, or if a person from project-core has given
> a +1.

That would avoid the above reconfiguration, but then the stable-maint
people have to check which +1s are actually $PROJECT-core +1s... which
sounds like a painful task.

Cheers,

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)