[openstack-dev] [tc][rally][qa] Application for a new OpenStack Program: Performance and Scalability

marc at koderer.com marc at koderer.com
Thu Jul 31 09:57:58 UTC 2014

Zitat von Sylvain Bauza <sbauza at redhat.com>:
> Le 30/07/2014 22:13, Boris Pavlovic a écrit :
>> Hi all,
>>
>> This thread is very useful. We've detect issue related to the mission
>> statement and name of proposed program on early steps. Seems like
>> mission statement and name are totally unclear and don't present in
>> the right perspective goals of this program.
>>
>> I updated name and mission statement:
>>
>> name:
>>     SLA Management
>>
>> mission:
>>     Provide SLA Management for production OpenStack clouds. This includes
>>     measuring and tracking performance of OpenStack Services, key API
>> methods
>>     and cloud applications, performance and functional tests on
>> demand, and
>>     everything that is required to detect and debug issues in live
>> production clouds.
>>
>> As well, I updated patch to governance:
>> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/108502/3
>>

>> I hope now it's more clear, what is the goal of this program and why
>> we should add new program.
>>
>> Thoughts?

-1

> -1 to it. SLA means that you create a contract in between a provider and
> an user. Here, you don't create a contract (ie. you don't create ratios
> and engagement) but you monitor these contracts.

So I agree with Sylvain, SLA Management would imply to have
a tool set that monitors agreements of a service. I don't see how this fits
into the existing projects you are referring to. IMHO SLA Management would
never consist of debugging or tracing anything. It would be always
focused on a
service and not on a root-cause analysis.

Regards
Marc