[openstack-dev] [neutron] Spec exceptions are closed, FPF is August 21

Kyle Mestery mestery at mestery.com
Wed Jul 30 17:52:37 UTC 2014

I wanted to send an email to let everyone know where we're at in the
Juno cycle. We're hitting our stride in Juno-3 development now, and we
have a lot of BPs targeted [1]. Due to this, I'm not going to approve
any more spec exceptions other than possibly flavors [2] and even less
possibly rootwrap [3] if the security implications can be worked out.
The reality is, we're severely oversubscribed as it is, and we won't
land even half of the approved BPs in Juno-3.

Also, for people with BPs approved for Juno-3, remember Neutron is
observing the Feature Proposal Freeze [4], which is August 21. Any BP
without code proposed by then will be deferred to Kilo.

As always, the dates for the Juno release can be found on the wiki here [5].

Thanks!
Kyle

[1] https://launchpad.net/neutron/+milestone/juno-3
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/102723/