[openstack-dev] Mentor program?

Julie Pichon jpichon at redhat.com
Mon Jul 28 10:38:25 UTC 2014

On 23/07/14 18:29, Joshua Harlow wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I was reading over a IMHO insightful hacker news thread last night:

> Labeled/titled: 'I made a patch for Mozilla, and you can do it too'
>
> It made me wonder what kind of mentoring support are we as a
> community offering to newbies (a random google search for 'openstack
> mentoring' shows mentors for GSoC, mentors for interns, outreach for
> women... but no mention of mentors as a way for everyone to get
> involved)?

People listed various initiatives and plans in other replies, I'd like
to mention again OpenHatch which I talked a little bit about on the list
before [1]. Some projects like Horizon are set up on it, together with a
list of mentors. The folks that contacted us through OpenHatch had
usually never contributed to open-source before.

I agree mentoring is an excellent way to get people involved with the
community!

Julie

[1]
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2014-February/026931.html