[openstack-dev] Virtio-scsi settings nova-specs exception

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Mon Jul 21 00:21:20 UTC 2014

I just want to check my understanding -- it seems to me that this
depends on a feature that's very new to libvirt (merged there 22 May
2014). Is that right?

http://libvirt.org/git/?p=libvirt.git;a=commit;h=d950494129513558a303387e26a2bab057012c5e

We've had some concerns about adding features to the libvirt driver
for features represented only in very new versions of libvirt.
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/72038/ is an example. Now, its clear
to me that we don't yet have a consensus on nova-core on how to handle
features depending on very new libvirts. There are certainly CI
concerns at the least.

So, I think approving this exception is tied up in that whole debate.
Hopefully we can get that sorted out soon (and possibly unblock
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/72038/ depending on the outcome).

Michael

On Sat, Jul 19, 2014 at 3:52 AM, Vishvananda Ishaya
<vishvananda at gmail.com> wrote:
> I will also sponsor this.
>
> Vish
>
> On Jul 17, 2014, at 2:47 PM, Mike Perez <thingee at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> As requested from the #openstack-meeting for Nova, I'm posting my
>> nova-spec exception proposal to the ML.
>>
>> Spec: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/103797/3/specs/juno/virtio-scsi-settings.rst
>> Code: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/107650/
>>
>> - Nikola Dipanov was kind to be the first core sponsor. [1]
>> - This is an optional feature, which should make it a low risk for Nova.
>> - The spec was posted before the spec freeze deadline.
>> - Code change is reasonable and available now.
>>
>> Thank you!
>>
>> [1] - https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/nova-juno-spec-priorities
>>
>> --
>> Mike Perez