[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Gap 0 (database migrations) closed!

Henry Gessau gessau at cisco.com
Thu Jul 17 20:00:34 UTC 2014

Carl Baldwin <carl at ecbaldwin.net> wrote:
> Anna,
>
> Your second point is going to be a bit of a maintenance headache.  I
> was reviewing a patch [1] where you caught the lack of an import in
> head.py.  I'm not sure that I can be trusted to check consistently for
> this in future reviews.  I'm not sure that we can rely on you catching
> them all either.  Jenkins didn't seem to have any problem with the
> patch without the import.
>
> So, how can we guarantee good maintenance of this head.py file?

We have discussed moving all models out of their current diverse locations to
one directory, like maybe

  neutron/db/models/*.py

The idea is to move just the model classes (not the entire modules that they
currently reside in) here. Then head.py would be able to

  from neutron.db.models import *  # noqa

and this would have much less baggage than importing all the current modules.

I think the convention of putting all models in one directory will be quite
easy to follow and maintain. I don't yet have a timeline for getting this
done, but it will be discussed in the Neutron DB meeting[1] on Monday.

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/NeutronDB

--
Henry