[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Gap 0 (database migrations) closed!

Paddu Krishnan (padkrish) padkrish at cisco.com
Wed Jul 16 14:29:08 UTC 2014

Hello,
A follow-up development question related to this:

As a part of https://review.openstack.org/#/c/105563/, which was introducing a new table in Neutron DB, I was trying to send for review a new file in neutron/db/migration/alembic_migrations/versions/<https://review.openstack.org/#/c/105563/4/neutron/db/migration/alembic_migrations/versions/1be5bdeb1d9a_ml2_network_overlay_type_driver.py> which got generated through script "neutron-db-manage". This also updated  neutron/db/migration/alembic_migrations/versions/<https://review.openstack.org/#/c/105563/4/neutron/db/migration/alembic_migrations/versions/1be5bdeb1d9a_ml2_network_overlay_type_driver.py>HEAD. I was trying to send this file for review as well.

"git review" failed and I saw merge errors in neutron/db/migration/alembic_migrations/versions/<https://review.openstack.org/#/c/105563/4/neutron/db/migration/alembic_migrations/versions/1be5bdeb1d9a_ml2_network_overlay_type_driver.py>HEAD.

W/O HEAD modified, jenkins was failing. I am working to fix this and saw this e-mail.

I had to go through all the links in detail in this thread. But, meanwhile, the two points mentioned below looks related to the patch/issues I am facing.
So, if I add a new table, I don't need to run the "neutron-db-manage" script to generate the file and modify the HEAD anymore? Is (2) below need to be done manually?

Thanks,
Paddu