[openstack-dev] [specs] how to continue spec discussion

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Wed Jul 16 12:09:15 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jul 16, 2014 at 11:57:33AM +0000, Tim Bell wrote:
> As we approach Juno-3, a number of specs have been correctly marked
> as abandoned since they are not expected to be ready in time for the
> release.
>
> Is there a mechanism to keep these specs open for discussion even
> though there is no expectation that they will be ready for Juno
> and 'defer' them to 'K' ?
>
> It seems a pity to archive the comments and reviewer lists along
> with losing a place to continue the discussions even if we are not
> expecting to see code in Juno.

Agreed, that is sub-optimal to say the least.

The spec documents themselves are in a release specific directory
though. Any which are to be postponed to Kxxx would need to move
into a specs/kxxxx directory instead of specs/juno, but we don't
know what the kxxxx directory needs to be called yet :-(  Assuming
we determine the directory name, then IMHO any spec could just be
restored placing the spec into the new directory for Kxxxx.

Regards,
Daniel