[openstack-dev] [Nova] Reminder of Juno-2 and Juno-3 important dates

John Garbutt john at johngarbutt.com
Tue Jul 15 18:49:56 UTC 2014

Hi all,

Some friendly reminders from your Blueprint Czar...

Juno-2 is just over a week away:
https://launchpad.net/nova/+milestone/juno-2

I have moved most blueprints that don't have all their code ready to
be reviewed to Juno-3. Reviewers, if something is really not going to
make it for Juno-2, feel free to suggest that on the blueprint, and
punt it towards Juno-3, or just drop me a note on IRC or whatever.

For the next week, if at all possible, please try to help out
reviewing Juno-2 blueprints. Great non-core reviews are just as
valuable as core reviews comments. Its also how we get to know you and
grow the core team.

Juno-3...

FeatureProposalFreeze is currently 21st August:
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Juno_Release_Schedule

Please have all code up ready for review as soon as possible, but no
later than 21st August.

Its looking like a very busy Juno-3. History has taught us, that we
are unlikely to merge your code if its up for review just before the
deadline. So to avoid disappointment, please submit your code ASAP,
and remember to mark your blueprint as "Needs Code Review".

Bugs are likely to get more priority the closer we get towards the end
of Juno-3. As such, if on 31st July there is no code up for review,
and no sign of activity on a blueprint, we are likely to start
suggesting you resubmit the blueprint for K.

nova-specs freeze in operation...

We have passed the nova-specs freeze for Juno. I am working through
what missed the deadline, looking for any issues, and tracking that
progress here:
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/nova-juno-spec-priorities

If you want an exception, please shout up at the next nova-meeting and
argue your case. If that doesn't work out, we can resort of emails, in
the usual way. Please assume the answer will be no.

What about K?

We have not yet opened specs for the K release. Sorry.

Frankly I don't think the current process is quite working for Nova.
We will have to make some changes for K. For example, we need to make
life easier for smaller blueprints. We need to do better at following
through form the summit and commenting priorities, etc, etc.

With all this in mind, the current idea is to build some consensus for
on what we want for K at the mid-cycle meetup. Suggestions welcome,
but please start a new email thread, this is just informational.

Any questions or suggestions, please do shout.

Thanks,
johnthetubaguy