[openstack-dev] [nova][sriov] today's IRC meeting

Robert Li (baoli) baoli at cisco.com
Tue Jul 15 12:42:15 UTC 2014

Hi,

I need to pick up my son at 9:00. It’s a short trip.  So I will be late about 15 minutes.

Status wise, if everything goes well, the patches should be up in a couple of days. One of the challenges is due to dividing them up, some unit tests will fail due to missing module and it took time to fix. another challenge is that code repos for upstreaming and functional test are separate, with later combines all the changes and fake test code (due to missing neutron parts). Maintaining them in sync is not fun. Rebasing is another issue too.

I checked the logs for the past two weeks. Yongli indicated that VFs on intel card can be brought up down individually from the host. I’d like to hear more details about it.

thanks,
Robert