[openstack-dev] [tripleo] [ironic] Multiple VM sizes for devtest

Steve Kowalik steven at wedontsleep.org
Tue Jul 15 01:12:34 UTC 2014

On 15/07/14 05:39, Matthew Gilliard wrote:
>   In my head, a rough plan is: allow a user to provide a file detailing
> the specs of the VMs they want.  (If it's not supplied we can fallback
> to the current behaviour).  Nodes are created and given "roles"
> according to the contents of that file, and flavors are created to
> match.  When the UC and OC VMs are booted, the flavor appropriate to the
> "role" is used.  As you can imagine, most parts of devtest would need
> some changes - I guess around a half-dozen individual patchsets might do
> it, maybe more.
>
>   So, I put this email out to see what people's reactions are.  If they
> are generally positive I think it would be worth a tripleo-spec to put a
> bit more detail together.  What do you think?

You can already specify a list to use as nodes (see the --nodes option
from devtest.sh) for devtest, but this is commonly used to describe
actual baremetal machines that you want devtest to use. If the VMs
already exist, I don't foresee any issue with specifying them to a
devtest run in the same way.

Flavors as of right now will only create a flavor that matches the first
nodes specification, but there is work underway already to fix that up
-- the first step of which is to move to the create-nodes provided by
os-cloud-config.

Cheers,
--
                                        Steve
Wrong is endian little that knows everyone but.