[openstack-dev] Where should a test for eventlet and oslo.db interaction go?

Victor Sergeyev vsergeyev at mirantis.com
Thu Jul 10 11:42:05 UTC 2014

Hello Angus!

IMO, the simple answer on your question is - tests for eventlet and oslo.db
interaction should be in the same place, where eventlet and oslo.db
interact. :)

A little digression - we suppose, that oslo.db should neither know, nor
take care whether target projects use eventlet/gevent/OS threads/multiple
processes/callbacks/etc for handling concurrency - oslo.db just can't (and
should not) make such decisions for users. For the very same reason
SQLAlchemy doesn't do that.

Thanks,
Victor