[openstack-dev] [nova] Limits API and project-user-quotas

Kevin L. Mitchell kevin.mitchell at rackspace.com
Wed Jul 9 14:58:01 UTC 2014

On Fri, 2014-07-04 at 23:06 +0000, Day, Phil wrote:
> Working on the server groups quotas I hit an issue with the limits API
> which I wanted to get feedback on.
>
> Currently this always shows just the project level quotas and usage,
> which can be confusing if there is a lower user specific quota.  For
> example:
[snip]
> The quota API itself allows a user to get either the project level
> quota or any per-user quota within that project – which does make all
> of the information available even if it is a tad odd that the default
> (no user specified) is to see the overall quota rather than the one
> that apples to the user making the  request.   They can’t however via
> the quotas API find out project level usage.
>
> Thoughts on what the correct model is here ?

My thinking is that the limits API should only show rate limit
information; you should have to go to the quotas API to get information
about quotas.  I really dislike the fact that we have two different
sources for the same information, and the feature drift that's occurred
here is an excellent argument for my stance :)
--
Kevin L. Mitchell <kevin.mitchell at rackspace.com>
Rackspace