[openstack-dev] Using devstack to setup external network on existing infrastrucutre

Anant Patil anant.techie at gmail.com
Sat Jul 5 16:22:44 UTC 2014

Hi,

In my setup, I have a single node with two NICs: eth0 and eth1. eth0
connects to local network and eth1 connects to public network.
I want to use eth1 as conduit to the default external network created
by devstack. Basically,

1. Is it possible to specify to eth1 (or any other for that matter) as
external network interface?
2. Can we specify pool of floating IP ranges? I have a pool of IP address
for testing external network connectivity and traffic filtering.

I can do this manually, but using devstack reduces my time significantly.

Regards,
Anant