[openstack-dev] openstack/requirements and tarball subdirs

Philipp Marek philipp.marek at linbit.com
Tue Jul 8 05:46:00 UTC 2014

Hello Doug,

thank you for your help.

> > I guess the problem is that the subdirectory within that tarball includes
> > the version number, as in "dbus-python-0.84.0/". How can I tell the extract
> > script that it should look into that one?
>
> It looks like that package wasn't built correctly as an sdist, so pip
> won't install it. Have you contacted the author to report the problem
> as a bug?
No, not yet.

I thought that it was okay, being hosted on python.org and so on.

The other tarballs in that hierarchy follow the same schema; perhaps the
cached download is broken?

The most current releases are available on
	http://dbus.freedesktop.org/releases/dbus-python/
though; perhaps the 1.2.0 release works better?

But how could I specify to use _that_ source URL?

Thank you!

Regards,

Phil

--