[openstack-dev] [Jenkins] [Cinder] InvocationError in gate-cinder-python26 & python27

Duncan Thomas duncan.thomas at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 12:09:41 UTC 2014

On 30 June 2014 07:47, Steve Kowalik <steven at wedontsleep.org> wrote:
> Personally, I think generating and comparing a sample config every build
> is daft, and a sample configuration should be generated during sdist or
> something.

This argument has gone back and forth several times.

There is definite value to a reviewer in seeing the sample conf
changes - it is usually the first thing I look for with a change, to
get a feel what what has been done and look for obvious back
compatibility issue, of which there have been lots.

Gating on it in its current form is clearly broken since it doesn't
take into account the libraries from OSLO might have changed things.
Ideally jenkins would, after installing all the deps, git checkout the
parent, generate the conf, checkout the change, generate the conf and
post up the diffs, but coding that up is tricky.