[openstack-dev] [keystone][qa] Returning 203 in keystone v2 list apis?

Brant Knudson blk at acm.org
Thu Jul 3 21:18:02 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jul 3, 2014 at 3:48 PM, David Kranz <dkranz at redhat.com> wrote:

> While moving success response code checking in tempest to the client, I
> noticed that exactly one of the calls to list users for a tenant checked
> for 200 or 203. Looking at http://docs.openstack.org/api/
> openstack-identity-service/2.0/content/, it seems that most of the list
> apis can return 203. But given that almost all of the tempest tests only
> pass on getting 200, I am guessing that 203 is not actually ever being
> returned. Is the doc just wrong? If not, what kind of call would trigger a
> 203 response?
>
>  -David

I can't find anyplace where Keystone returns a 203, and if it did it would
be a strange thing to do.

>From the HTTP 1.1 spec, a client could get 203 Non-Authoritative
Information to any request if the request went through a proxy and the
proxy decided to muck with the headers. Since we can't stop someone from
putting a proxy in front of Keystone, I don't think it's wrong to list it
as a possible successful response. I think it's redundant to list it though
since this applies to any HTTP request... just it's redundant to list 500
and 503 as a possible error response.

I looked into trying to correct this in the docs once but couldn't figure
out the wadls -- https://review.openstack.org/#/c/89291/

- Brant