[openstack-dev] [Ceilometer] Issues with transformers

Julien Danjou julien at danjou.info
Mon Jan 27 10:41:41 UTC 2014

On Mon, Jan 27 2014, Adrian Turjak wrote:

> I created a gauge metric that is updated via notifications, and a pollster.
> The data from both of those needs to be transformed in to a cumulative
> metric. The transformer object works as intended, but the issue is that
> while my pollster/notifications combo does create samples for the same named
> metric, two different transformer objects are being created for each data
> input for the metric.

If I understand correctly what you're trying to do, it won't work
unfortunately. Transformers are run _before_ publishing to a collector,
and are local to a pipeline inside a Ceilometer deamon. The deamons
handling the pollsters and the notifications are two different programs,
and therefore don't communicate.

--
Julien Danjou
;; Free Software hacker ; independent consultant