[openstack-dev] [Horizon] web accessibility issues

Julie Pichon jpichon at redhat.com
Thu Jan 23 17:39:38 UTC 2014

Hi Joowoon and Douglas.

Thanks a lot for starting this conversation! I think this is important and
we'd all be delighted to make Horizon be usable by even more people.

We were discussing the topic somewhat recently [1] in the context of dropping
the no-Javascript fallback mode. We couldn't really find one web accessibility
standard that is agreed upon either. In general, work to improve accessibility
would be very very welcome, and I believe the main thing we've lacked so far
are actionable items (AFAICT there's only one open bug about accessibility [3]
at the moment?). Your lists should help with that!

People here on the mailing list and on IRC (#openstack-horizon) would be
delighted to help you if you have any question while filing bugs/blueprints/
fixing the problems you've found. Make sure to let us know how we can assist.

Many thanks for looking into this, and welcome!

Julie

[1] http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/horizon/2013/horizon.2013-11-19-22.01.log.html
[2] https://bugs.launchpad.net/horizon/+bug/1018570