[openstack-dev] Disabling file injection *by default*

Kashyap Chamarthy kchamart at redhat.com
Tue Jan 21 21:50:26 UTC 2014

[CC'ed libguestfs author, Rich Jones]

Heya,

On 01/21/2014 07:59 AM, Robert Collins wrote:
> I was reminded of this while I cleaned up failed file injection nbd
> devices on ci-overcloud.tripleo.org :/ - what needs to happen for us
> to change the defaults around file injection so that it's disabled?

I presume you're talking about libguestfs based file injection. I
remember recently debugging/testing by disabling it to isolate a
different problem:

   inject_partition=-2

That said, I'm trying to understand the rationale of your proposal in
this case. Can you point me to a URL or some such? I'm just curious as a
heavy user of libguestfs.

> I'm not talking deprecation or removal, though both of those things
> are super appealing :).

Can you please point to some more context for those who don't follow
Triple-O project closely?

Thanks.

--
/kashyap