[openstack-dev] Next steps for Whole Host allocation / Pclouds

Sylvain Bauza sylvain.bauza at gmail.com
Mon Jan 20 20:41:24 UTC 2014

2014/1/20 Jay Pipes <jaypipes at gmail.com>

> But I believe that the two concerns can be tackled separately.

Indeed. I fully agree with the fact isolation can be provided by Nova, and
Climate would by the way happy to leverage it for providing capacity
planning on top of it.
By the way, I'm personnally convicted that there are many Nova features
that can be shared for other projects : scheduler (that's why I'm following
Gantt progress), extensible resource tracker and tenancy isolation for
objects.
Scheduler followed his way having its own service, but maybe Oslo is the
best path for the others (Climate is trying to follow what happens with
model_query() and all the connected concerns (like for example the deleted
flag which has no sense IMHO).

-Sylvain