[openstack-dev] [neutron] [third-party-testing] Which patchset triggered the test

Mohammad Banikazemi mb at us.ibm.com
Mon Jan 20 19:26:54 UTC 2014

Have a question regarding the Jenkins/Gerrit setup for third party testing
setups.

When Jenkins get triggered by a patchset through the Gerrit trigger
plug-in, you can execute a set of shell scripts. How do you get the
information about the patchset that triggered the test? In particular, in
your scripts how do you figure out which patchset triggered the test. Here
is why I am asking this question:
During our earlier IRC calls we said, one approach for testing would be
using devstack to install OpenStack and run appropriate tests. The devstack
stack.sh brings in the master branch without the patchset which triggered
the test. How do I access the patchset I want to test? Am I missing
something here?

Thanks,

Mohammad