[openstack-dev] [wsme] Undefined attributes in WSME

Yuriy Taraday yorik.sar at gmail.com
Sat Jan 18 21:55:39 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 6:09 PM, Doug Hellmann
<doug.hellmann at dreamhost.com>wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 13, 2014 at 9:36 PM, Jamie Lennox <jamielennox at redhat.com>wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 2014-01-13 at 10:05 -0500, Doug Hellmann wrote:
>> > What requirement(s) led to keystone supporting this feature?
>>
>> I've got no idea where the requirement came from however it is something
>> that is
>> supported now and so not something we can back out of.
>>

> If it's truly a requirement, we can look into how to make that work. The
> data is obviously present in the request, so we would just need to preserve
> it.

We've seen a use case for arbitrary attributes in Keystone objects. Cloud
administrator might want to store some metadata along with a user object.
For example, customer name/id and couple additional fields for contact
information. The same might be applied to projects and  domains.

So this is a very nice feature that should be kept around. It might be
wrapped in some way (like in explicit unchecked "metadata" attribute) in a
new API version though.