[openstack-dev] [OpenStack-Dev] Third party testing

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Sat Jan 18 06:16:42 UTC 2014

On 18 January 2014 16:31, John Griffith <john.griffith at solidfire.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 17, 2014 at 6:24 PM, Robert Collins
> <robertc at robertcollins.net> wrote:

>> Certainly - I totally agree that anything >> nothing. I was asking
>> about your statement of not having enough infra to get a handle on
>> what would block things. As you know, tripleo is running up a
>
> Sorry, got carried away and didn't really answer your question about
> resources clearly.

LOL, np.

>  My point about resources was in terms of
> man-power, dedicated hardware, networking and all of the things that
> go along with spinning up tests on every commit and archiving the
> results.  I would definitely like to do this, but first I'd like to
> see something that every backend driver maintainer can do at least at
> each milestone.
>
>> production quality test cloud to test tripleo, Ironic and once we get
>> everything in place - multinode gating jobs. We're *super* interested
>> in making the bar to increased validation as low as possible.
>
> We should chat in IRC about approaches here and see if we can align.
> For the record HP's resources are vastly different than say a small
> start up storage vendor or an open-source storage software stack.

Yeah, I'm aware :/. For open source stacks, my hope is that the
contributed hardware from HP, Redhat etc will permit us to test open
source stacks in the set of permutations we end up testing.

> By the way, maybe you can point me to what tripleo is doing, looking
> in gerrit I see the jenkins "gate noop" and the docs job but that's
> all I'm seeing?

https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/TripleO/TripleOCloud and
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/TripleO/TripleOCloud/Regions
and https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/tripleo-test-cluster