[openstack-dev] [Oslo] Improving oslo-incubator update.py

Flavio Percoco flavio at redhat.com
Wed Jan 15 13:05:20 UTC 2014

On 15/01/14 07:44 -0500, Doug Hellmann wrote:
[...]
>        I don't see a problem with doing that, but I'm not clear on where we're
>        including the hash.  In the file itself, in a separate file, and/or in
>        the
>        commit message?
>
>        Even if we do no more automation, having the commit hash of the last
>        sync would
>        be immensely helpful.  Not having to comb through commit logs to figure
>        out
>        when the last sync happened would be fantastic. :-)
>

>    We should keep it in the openstack-modules.conf file and put it in the
>    commit message as well. IMHO.
>

>I was thinking the commit message, but if you see usefulness in including the
>conf file, we could do that, too.

As for now, the use I can think of is to know what was the last
oslo-incubator commit that was synced. We could get the same info by
using git log and copying the commit but it's easier to check that
file. (Pretty much like submodules do).

And if we ever need to do something with that, it'll be easier to get
the sha from the config file. This argument violates YAGNI, though... :D

FF

--
@flaper87
Flavio Percoco