[openstack-dev] [novalcient]Proposal for removing 'bash_completion'

Lingxian Kong anlin.kong at gmail.com
Wed Jan 15 06:51:25 UTC 2014

Now, novaclient supports 'bash-completion' and 'bash_completion' commands
at the same time, after I checked the commit history, I found that the
'_add_bash_completion_subparser' function and 'do_bash_completion' function
were added in at 2011/12/16 by Rick Harris, with the Change-Id:
If882f7a822ef6b1e58666b3af6f7166ab0a230fe.

then, there are two parsers with the same usage, but with different
commands, one is 'bash-completion', and the other is 'bash_completion', I
think it's not what the author supposed to do.

and by the way, there are two things should be noticed:
1. there is only unittest for 'bash-completion'.
2. the command 'bash_completion' can't be found with 'nova help', which
means it's not seen by users.

so, I purpose removing 'bash_completion'. Thoughts?

--
*Lingxian Kong*
Email: konglingxian at huawei.com; anlin.kong at gmail.com