[openstack-dev] [oslo] need input on new config option for logging translations

Doug Hellmann doug.hellmann at dreamhost.com
Mon Jan 13 20:47:56 UTC 2014

There's a review in Oslo to provide a configuration option to turn on the
ability to log in a second language by specifying the locale (
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/62508/).

Given the recent discussion of adding more configuration options, I wanted
to see what people thought about providing this feature only to deployers
using the external logging configuration file, instead of oslo.config.

My idea is to provide a sample config file, so that a deployer would only
have to fill in their locale, and then use the existing option to specify
that logging configuration file to override the built-in logging behavior.

What do you think?

Doug