[openstack-dev] [oslo] Common SSH

Sergey Skripnick sskripnick at mirantis.com
Fri Jan 10 17:54:39 UTC 2014

> I appreciate that we want to fix the ssh client. I'm not certain that
> writing our own is the best >answer.

I was supposed to fix oslo.processutils.ssh with this class, but it may
be fixed without it, not big deal.

> In his comments on your pull request, the paramiko author recommended
> looking at Fabric. I know that >Fabric has a long history in production.
> Does it provide the required features?

Fabric is too much for just command execution on remote server. Spur seems
like
good choice for this.

But I still don't understand: why do we need oslo.processutils.execute? We
can use
subprocess module. Why do we need oslo.processutils.ssh_execute? We can
use paramiko
instead.

--
Regards,