[openstack-dev] olso.config error on running Devstack

Michael Kerrin michael.kerrin at hp.com
Tue Jan 7 11:24:56 UTC 2014

I have been seeing this problem also.

My problem is actually with oslo.sphinx. I ran sudo pip install -r test-requirements.txt in
cinder so that I could run the tests there, which installed oslo.sphinx.

Strange thing is that the oslo.sphinx installed a directory called oslo in
/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages with no __init__.py file. With this package
installed like so I get the same error you get with oslo.config.

I don't need oslo.sphinx so I just went and manually deleted the oslo directory and the
oslo.sphinx* files in /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages. Everything worked fine
after that.

Not sure what to do about this, but that is my story

Michael