[openstack-dev] [TripleO] Tuskar CLI after architecture changes

Jay Pipes jaypipes at gmail.com
Thu Jan 2 17:10:10 UTC 2014

On 01/02/2014 06:41 AM, Radomir Dopieralski wrote:
> On 20/12/13 17:34, Clint Byrum wrote:
>> OpenStack is non-deterministic. Deterministic systems are rigid and unable
>> to handle failure modes of any kind of diversity.
>
> I wonder how you are going to debug a non-deterministic system :-)

Very carefully.

>> We tend to err toward
>> pushing problems back to the user and giving them tools to resolve the
>> problem. Avoiding spurious problems is important too, no doubt. However,
>> what Jay has been suggesting is that the situation a pessimistic locking
>> system would avoid is entirely user created, and thus lower priority
>> than say, actually having a complete UI for deploying OpenStack.
>
> I fail to see how leaving ourselves the ability to add locks when they
> become needed, by keeping tuskar-api in place, conflicts with actually
> having a complete UI for deploying OpenStack. Can you elaborate on that?

I think all Clint was saying is that completing the UI for base
OpenStack deployment (Tuskar UI) is a higher priority than trying to add
a pessimistic lock model/concurrency to any particular part of the
existing UI.

That doesn't mean you can't work on a pessimistic locking model. It just
means that Clint (and I) think that completing the as-yet-finished UI
work is a more important task.

Best, and Happy New Year!
-jay