[openstack-dev] [TripleO] Tuskar CLI after architecture changes

Radomir Dopieralski openstack at sheep.art.pl
Thu Jan 2 11:41:43 UTC 2014

On 20/12/13 17:34, Clint Byrum wrote:
> OpenStack is non-deterministic. Deterministic systems are rigid and unable
> to handle failure modes of any kind of diversity.

I wonder how you are going to debug a non-deterministic system :-)

> We tend to err toward
> pushing problems back to the user and giving them tools to resolve the
> problem. Avoiding spurious problems is important too, no doubt. However,
> what Jay has been suggesting is that the situation a pessimistic locking
> system would avoid is entirely user created, and thus lower priority
> than say, actually having a complete UI for deploying OpenStack.

I fail to see how leaving ourselves the ability to add locks when they
become needed, by keeping tuskar-api in place, conflicts with actually
having a complete UI for deploying OpenStack. Can you elaborate on that?

--
Radomir Dopieralski