[openstack-dev] supported dependency versioning and testing

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Thu Feb 20 23:41:31 UTC 2014

On 02/20/2014 06:30 PM, Sabari Murugesan wrote:
> But I do think running a job with lowest version may still help a
> developer realize that a feature in the latest library is not available
> in an older supported version. The person can then bump up the library's
> min version in the requirements. Today, it;s not possible to find this
> out until someone else runs into an issue with the older lib.
>
> Ref:- I have noticed some bugs in the past and I did post
> <http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-infra/2014-January/000703.html> about
> this to openstack-infra. From Jeremy Stanley's comment on that thread, I
> understand that it may be tough to setup it up this way due to
> transitive dependencies.
>
> -Sabari

So we've actually talked about doing this by using the
global-requirements lever. Basically modify the list to set everything
there to minimums, and see what happens. If you or someone else is
interested, I'd be happy to help walk you through it, but it personally
ended up low priority to get working.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague