[OpenStack-Infra] building pypi mirror with minimum required version

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Sat Jan 25 06:49:03 UTC 2014

On 2014-01-16 12:51:38 -0800 (-0800), Sabari Murugesan wrote:
> I know that pypi-mirror is built using the requirements file from
> the openstack projects. Is it possible to build this mirror with
> the oldest package version satisfying the requirement, rather than
> the latest ?
[...]

I believe we discussed something similar at the most recent summit,
and it was suggested that we may want to consider a devstack-tempest
job variant which applied a modified requirements list using the
oldest claimed supported versions. Keep in mind that if we did
implement this, it still wouldn't convey to transitive dependencies
which would almost certainly try to pull in newer versions of some
packages than we attempted to enforce. The dependency resolver in
current versions of pip is still very, very limited in this regard.