[openstack-dev] [nova] Evacuate instance which in server group with affinity policy

Alex Xu soulxu at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 12:20:32 UTC 2014

Joe, thanks, that's useful feature. But still not sure it's good for this
case. Thinking of user's server-group will be deleted by administrator and
new server-group created for user by administrator, that sounds confused
for user. I'm thinking of the HA case, if there is host failed, the
infrastructure can evacuate instance out of failed host automatically, and
user shouldn't be affected by that(user still will know his instance is
down, and the instance get back later. At least we should reduce the
affect).

I think the key is whether we think evacuate instance out of failed host
that in affinity group is violation or not. The host already failed, we can
ignore the failed host which in server group when we evacuate first
instance to another host. After first instance evacuated, there is new
alive host in the server group, then other instances will be evacuated to
that new alive host to comply affinity policy.