[openstack-dev] [Fuel] Support of warnings in Fuel UI

Julia Aranovich jkirnosova at mirantis.com
Thu Dec 18 09:56:54 UTC 2014

Hi All,

First of all, I would like to inform you that support of warnings was added
on Settings tab in Fuel UI.
Now you can add 'message' attribute to setting restriction and it will be
displayed as a tooltip on the tab
<http://s4.postimg.org/hlxumo2sd/setting_warning.png> if restriction
condition is satisfied.

So, setting restriction should have the following format in openstack.yaml
<https://github.com/stackforge/fuel-web/blob/master/nailgun/nailgun/fixtures/openstack.yaml>
file:

restrictions:
  - condition: "settings:common.libvirt_type.value != 'kvm'"
    message: "KVM only is supported"

This format is also eligible for setting group restrictions and
restrictions of setting values (for setting with 'radio' type).

Please also note that message attribute can be also added to role
restrictions and will be displayed as a tooltip on Add Nodes screen.

And the second goal of my letter is to ask you to go through openstack.yaml
<https://github.com/stackforge/fuel-web/blob/master/nailgun/nailgun/fixtures/openstack.yaml>
file
and add an appropriate messages for restrictions. It will make Fuel UI more
clear and informative.

Thank you in advance!

Julia

--