[openstack-dev] Topic: Reschedule Router to a different agent with multiple external networks.

Vasudevan, Swaminathan (PNB Roseville) swaminathan.vasudevan at hp.com
Wed Dec 17 17:56:41 UTC 2014

Hi Folks,

Reschedule router if new external gateway is on other network
An L3 agent may be associated with just one external network.
If router's new external gateway is on other network then the router
needs to be rescheduled to the proper l3 agent

This patch was introduced when there was no support for L3-agent to handle multiple external networks.

Do we think we should still retain this original behavior even if we have support for multiple external networks by single L3-agent.

Can anyone comment on this.

Thanks

Swaminathan Vasudevan
Systems Software Engineer (TC)