[openstack-dev] [OpenStack-Infra] [third-party]Time for Additional Meeting for third-party

Kurt Taylor kurt.r.taylor at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 17:38:45 UTC 2014

On Mon, Dec 15, 2014 at 7:07 PM, Stefano Maffulli <stefano at openstack.org>
wrote:

> On 12/05/2014 07:08 AM, Kurt Taylor wrote:
> > 1. Meeting content: Having 2 meetings per week is more than is needed at
> > this stage of the working group. There just isn't enough meeting content
> > to justify having two meetings every week.
>
> I'd like to discuss this further: the stated objectives of the meetings
> are very wide and may allow for more than one slot per week. In
> particular I'm seeing the two below as good candidates for 'meet as many
> times as possible':
>
>    *  to provide a forum for the curious and for OpenStack programs who
> are not yet in this space but may be in the future
>    * to encourage questions from third party folks and support the
> sourcing of answers
>
> <snip>

> As I mentioned above, probably one way to do this is to make some slots
> more focused on engaging newcomers and answering questions, more like
> serendipitous mentoring sessions with the less involved, while another
> slot could be dedicated to more focused and long term efforts, with more
> committed people?

This is an excellent idea, let's split the meetings into:

1) Mentoring - mentoring new CI team members and operators, help them
understand infra tools and processes. Anita can continue her fantastic work
here.

2) Working Group - working meeting for documentation, reviewing patches for
relevant work, and improving the consumability of infra CI components. I
will be happy to chair these meetings initially. I am sure I can get help
with these meetings for the other time zones also.

With this approach we can also continue to use the new meeting times voted
on by the group, and each is focused on targeting a specific group with
very different needs.

Thanks Stefano!

Kurt Taylor (krtaylor)