[openstack-dev] [DevStack] A grenade for DevStack?

Collins, Sean Sean_Collins2 at cable.comcast.com
Mon Dec 15 19:33:50 UTC 2014

Hi,

I've been bitten by a couple bugs lately on DevStack installs that have
been long lived. One is a built by Vagrant, and the other is bare metal
hardware.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/devstack/+bug/1395776

In this instance, a commit was made to rollback the introduction of
MariaDB in ubuntu, but it does not appear that there was anything done
to revert the change in existing deployments, so I had to go and fix by
hand on the bare metal lab because I didn't want to waste a lot of time
rebuilding the whole lab from scratch just to fix.

I also got bit by this on my Vagrant node, but I nuked and paved to fix.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/devstack/+bug/1402762

It'd be great to somehow make a long lived dsvm node and job where
DevStack is continually deployed to it and restacked, to check for these
kinds of errors?

--
Sean M. Collins