[openstack-dev] [neutron][lbaas][fwaas][oslo] Common code between VMWare neutron plugin and services plugins
ksamoray at vmware.com
Mon Dec 15 16:20:29 UTC 2014
Some files in neutron are common infrastructure to the VMWare neutron L2/L3 plugin, and the services plugins.
These files wrap VMWare NSX and provide a python API to some NSX services.
This code is common to:
- VMWare L2/L3 plugin, which after the split should be held outside of openstack repo (e.g stackforge)
- neutron-lbaas, neutron-fwaas repos, which will hold the VMWare services plugins
With neutron split into multiple repos, in and out of openstack, we have the following options:
1. Duplicate the relevant code between the various repos - IMO a pretty bad choice for obvious reasons.
2. Keep the code in the VMWare L3/L4 plugin repo - which will add an import from the neutron-*aas repos to a repo which is outside of openstack.
3. Add these components to oslo.vmware project: oslo.vmware contains, as of now, a wrapper to vCenter API. The components in discussion wrap NSX API, which is out of vCenter scope. Therefore it’s not really a part of oslo.vmware scope as it is defined today, but is still a wrapper layer to a VMWare product.
We could extend the oslo.vmware scope to include wrappers to VMWare products, in general, and add the relevant components under oslo.vmware.network.nsx or similar.
More information about the OpenStack-dev