[openstack-dev] [nova] NUMA Cells

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Thu Dec 4 04:30:46 UTC 2014

Hi,

so just having read a bunch of the libvirt driver numa code, I have a
concern. At first I thought it was a little thing, but I am starting
to think its more of a big deal...

We use the term "cells" to describe numa cells. However, that term has
a specific meaning in nova, and I worry that overloading the term is
confusing.

(Yes, I know the numa people had it first, but hey).

So, what do people think about trying to move the numa code to use
something like "numa cell" or "numacell" based on context?

Michael

--
Rackspace Australia