[openstack-dev] [Heat] Rework auto-scaling support in Heat

Zane Bitter zbitter at redhat.com
Tue Dec 2 23:41:07 UTC 2014

On 01/12/14 18:34, Angus Salkeld wrote:
> I'd suggest a combination between A and B.

We may not be as far apart as I thought.

> 1) Separate some of the autoscaling logic into libraries in Heat
> 2) Get the separated REST service in place and working (using the above
> heat library)
> 3) Add an environment option to be able to switch Heat resources to use
> the new REST service
> 4) after a cycle remove the internal support within Heat

That sounds quite sensible to me. The part I care about doing
incrementally is splitting the logic (and the DB state) out into a
library, i.e. (1). The rest of your plan actually sounds like a better
way of switching over to the ReST service once that is done.

+1

cheers,
Zane.