[openstack-dev] [stable] New config options, no default change

Steve Gordon sgordon at redhat.com
Tue Dec 2 21:44:17 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Anne Gentle" <anne at openstack.org>
>
> On Tue, Dec 2, 2014 at 2:59 PM, Alan Pevec <apevec at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Will the bugs created by this end up in the openstack-manuals project
> > (which I don't think is the right place for them in this case) or has it
> > been set up to create them somewhere else (or not at all) when the commits
> > are against the stable branches?
> >
> > Docs team, how do you handle DocImpact on stable/branches, do you mind
> > (mis)using your tag like this?
> > I thought DocImpat only triggers a notification for the docs team, if
> > there's more machinery behind it like automatic bug filing then we
> > should use a different tag as stable relnotes marker.
> >

> We have recently enabled DocImpact tracking for more projects. DocImpact
> currently creates a bug in the project indicated by the project's build
> config in openstack-infra/project-config/gerrit/projects.yaml setting
> docimpact-group:, such as:
> docimpact-group: oslo
>
> If you want to track your DocImpact feel free to use a Launchpad project
> for docimpact-group that makes sense to you.
> Anne

In this case we're referring to how we handle DocImpact for specific branches of a project (say stable/juno of Nova, for example). I don't think we'd want to change the DocImpact handling for the entire project to go somewhere other than openstack-manuals. As far as I know the current setup doesn't support us changing the handling per branch though, only per project.

-Steve