[openstack-dev] [nova] Is the BP approval process broken?

Joe Gordon joe.gordon0 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 30 02:39:12 UTC 2014

On Aug 29, 2014 10:42 AM, "Dugger, Donald D" <donald.d.dugger at intel.com>
wrote:

> Well, I think that there is a sign of a broken (or at least bent) process
and that's what I'm trying to expose.  Especially given the ongoing
conversations over Gantt it seems wrong that ultimately it was rejected due
to silence.  Maybe rejecting the BP was the right decision but the way the
decision was made was just wrong.

> Note that dealing with silence is `really` difficult.  You point out that
maybe silence means people don't agree with the BP but how do I know?
Maybe it means no one has time, maybe no one has an opinion, maybe it got
lost in the shuffle, maybe I'm being too obnoxious - who knows.  A simple
-1 with a one sentence explanation would helped a lot.

How is this:

-1, we already have too many approved blueprints in Juno and it sounds like
there are still concerns about the Gantt split in general. Hopefully after
trunk is open for Kilo we can revisit the Gantt idea. I'm thinking yet
another ML thread outlining why and how to get there.

> --
> Don Dugger
> "Censeo Toto nos in Kansa esse decisse." - D. Gale

scheduler and Gantt, and those conversations haven't resulted in all the
decisions that Don would like. That is unfortunate, but it's not a sign of
a broken process.